Seaweed Potash Fertiliser & Soil Conditioner.
Seaweed 80% Potash 20%
The mixture of seaweed and potash enhances growth production allowing plants, vegetables and soil to benefit greatly insuring a quality of minerals, nutrients that are require in soils today
Potassium (K) is an essential nutrient for plant growth. Because large amounts are absorbed from the root zone in the production of most agronomic crops, it is classified as a macronutrient. Soils can supply some K for crop production, but when the supply from the soil is not adequate, K must be supplied in a fertilizer program.
The exact function of K in plant growth has not been clearly defined. Potassium is associated with movement of water, nutrients, and carbohydrates in plant tissue. If K is deficient or not supplied in adequate amounts, growth is stunted and yields are reduced. Various research efforts have shown that potassium
· Suitable content of nitrogen & potassium, but lower in phosphorous than traditional manures and the typical NPK ratios in chemical fertilizers.
· Large amount of insoluble carbohydrates in Ascophyllum nodosum acts as soil conditioners (improves aeration & soil structure, especially in clay soils).
· Good moisture retention properties.
Apply to fruit, vegetables and flower crops for
1. Increased yield.
2. Improved soil germination.
3. Increased uptake of soil nutrients.
4. Increased resistance to pests/insects.
5. Resistance to frost.
Tornado is granular seaweed and potash enriched used to condition soils prior to planting and as a top dressing to established plants and turf. As Tornado breaks down it gently releases nutrients. Alginates, which are unique to seaweeds act to improve the structure of clay soils whilst increasing the water holding capacity of sandy soils and soil less components. Seaweed is rich in trace elements (over 60) ensuring healthy plants.