Ecoplug Max Tree Stump Killer 100 Plug Pack
Active Ingredient: 680g/kg Glyphosate.
Ecoplug Max® is a highly effective patented tree stump killer. Each plug contains 300 mg of granular glyphosate herbicide. Once inserted and hammered in place, Ecoplug Max® releases glyphosate through the sides directly into the tree stumps.
Key Features of Ecoplug Max®:
- No water is needed to apply Ecoplug Max®, vastly reducing required labour.
- 95-100% efficacy on treated stumps, preventing regrowth.
- Ecoplugs take up little storage space and are safe to transport loosely.
- 100% selective with no effect on surrounding trees or vegetation.
- Significantly reduces risks to operator and environment from using herbicide to control trees.
- Ecoplugs mark treated stumps; liquid glyphosates require marker dye to highlight treated stumps.
- Meets requirements of Sustainable Use Directive to minimise herbicide use and the Water Framework Directive to prevent contamination of waterways with pesticides.
- Use in all weather, all year round – most glyphosates have a much smaller application window.
- Significantly reduces the cost of clearing trees by reducing the need for follow up site visits.
How to Apply Ecoplug Max®
Step 1: Cut the tree as close to the ground as possible.
Step 2: Drill 25-30 mm deep & 13 mm wide using the Ecoplug drill bit to control the depth (the Ecoplug drill bit has a stop plate at 30 mm allowing precise depth control).
Step 3: Place an Ecoplug in the hole with the orange end first. The top will protrude by about 10 mm.
Step 4: Hit the Ecoplug with a hammer until the head is flush with the stump to push out the sides & release herbicide.